Thursday, January 17, 2013

Know thyself

"Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom." -Aristotle

That's the big puzzle. Who am I? Where did I come from? Where am I going? Why do I like the things I like? And why do the things that inspire me, inspire me? Is it some predetermined thing? Did I choose it before I came to earth? These are some questions that I might not get the answer to in this lifetime. That's fine with me. However, I learn more and more about myself everyday, but most importantly I learn that what mattered and intrigued me yesterday, doesn't today. So this blog is a note to self, a keeper of thoughts at a point in time, so that one day I'll look back and say "you were so dumb!"
I feel that I'm "growing new eyes". The things around me are looking more and more different everyday. I'm also noticing my body more and more. My fingers touching the keys, my eyes seeing the things around me, how my back and bottom form to the couch. I look at my 7 month old and watch as he studies his fingers, and grabs his toes in excitement. Am I going through the same things he's going through right now? Where did I lose sense of self? Or did I ever have it? He knows nothing of politics or money, or television or evil. He enjoys watching the snowfall, and the sound of the wind blowing. Its beautiful, its new. Thats exactly what it's like for me right now. I'm like doing a balancing act, one minute doing the dishes, to picking up the clothes, doing laundy, changing a diaper, washing the binky, stopping the cat from attacking the baby's toes, to stopping and having complete peace and silence and actually noticing that I am a separate being connected to something greater, that I'm all wound up in the environment and things around me, and I stop. I hold another life, a separate body, but the same light. It's so powerful. I used to feel all cooped up in this house, going crazy doing the housewife/ stay at home mom thing, wanting to get out, feeling that I'm missing something. But now I've realized that there is nothing out there. There's nothing I'm missing. I've found, or am finding, what I've been looking for. I swear I'll be able to move objects with my mind one day. I am so powerful, beyond comparison. I was meant to be born here and now! Look out world! Positive things are happening, beautiful, marvelous things!

No comments:

Post a Comment