Monday, January 7, 2013

Blogs, coffee, and the suppression of children

I'm starting to get why people start blogging, it's a bit addictive. I feel that the internet is a straight forward shot to the infinite knowledge of the universe. Just like meditating, but stronger. Throw your thoughts and ideas out there, and something will start happening. So here it goes universe, make it happen. I'm trying to get this coffee shop happening. I know it will happen if I want it, just like everything in my life. I mean everything that I've ever wanted somehow manifested itself into being for me. But I've learned to be more specific, and more careful for what I wish for. Which kind of goes back to my impulse or destiny thoughts. Sometimes things happen very quickly, and sometimes it takes some time. However, you can always get what you want, if you truely want it. But do i want to be specific?, or do I want to leave some things to chance? I like twists and turns and bumps in the road. I enjoy suprises and challenges, it keeps things interesting. But right now i know i need finances, or some sort of bartering arrangement to open this thing. I want this to be, or this will be the cornerstone for my community. This shop will be the foundation for the reinvention of greenfields residents and beyond. This shop will help the uninspired be inspired, it will make people see impossibilities as possibilities, and most importantly [to me], this shop will nurture the neighborhood's youth and show them that there is more to life than chasing a dollar. It will allow them to be kids, and to be creative, to explore their talents, and to have fun. In order for this world to work, we must do what we love, each and every one of us, and everything will fall into place. We need to get rid of our fears, and quit living life like there is always tomorrow and that we must enslave ourselves to a paycheck to live to get that one vacation a year. And thats just middle class. My family has never been on a "family vacation", yet we made too much money to receive food assistance, and never had food in the house. Its hard for me to live in the moment anymore. Ever since i had my second child in June, Ive been thinking more and more about the future. Thoughts like this, "What is this world going to look like when my kids are on their own? Are they going to be even more enslaved than we are, with a bigger false pretense of freedom? Is there going to be more drugs and violence? Less opportunity? Bigger pay gap? " These things worry me, and i hate to live with worry. Who are there peers going to be? Are they going to be more mindless than the peers we share today? Are they going to suppress my childrens indepence? Who will nurture them? But here what drives me... Only i can change this future. Only i can shape my community into something bright and promising. but i have to do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment